I've Come Home

I've Come Home
My book, "I've Come Home" is now for sale on Amazon.com in its new streamlined form! Thank you for sharing this info, friends!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'VE STILL GOT IT . . . IT JUST HURTS!

My blog today is going to be short because I'm spending the next few days typing . . . typing . . . typing . . . I'm excited to share some of my earlier work with you, but unfortunately that earlier work was done on a word processor . . . pre-computer, don't ya' know.  And, YES, before the wisecracks start pouring in, computers were in existence when I started my manuscripts; I'm not THAT old . . . yet.  So I had a choice: scan stacks of pages or retype them.  My typing is still around 80 to 90 wpm, depending upon the amount of coffee I've ingested, and my scanner runs 3 minutes a page . . . kind of works out in the wash.  Getting my 'power typing' back in practice is a plus, but some rather creepy aches and pains are cropping up in the process.  I didn't know veins on the back of my hands could look like that. Actually that's not entirely true--those of you who know me well, know I'm a trained classical pianist, one who only sits down every six months or so and cranks through a practice session of all the music I can still perform.  My hands look rather alien when I finish, but hey, they're limber for days after that! 

So, getting back to this typing; I wanted to post one of several teleplays I wrote and submitted for the television show "Beauty And The Beast", one screenplay entitled Fugitive Child, and a piece I wrote for practice, not for publication, revamping the ending of "Phantom Of The Opera" into something I liked better.  Now comes the challenge.  The screenplay and teleplay follow a very specific manuscript format; one I'm having a really interesting time trying to incorporate on the page 'PLENTY OF WRITING' without the format changing so drastically it looks like a first-grader typed it.  Uggh.  I'm working on this hurdle, as well as typing . . . typing . . . typing . . .  Will keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment