I've Come Home

I've Come Home
My book, "I've Come Home" is now for sale on Amazon.com in its new streamlined form! Thank you for sharing this info, friends!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Go, OHIO!

Hello all:  I've been enjoying spending several days in Wooster, Ohio with my close family.  Remember my sadness and frustration seeing the decay through parts of America while on this trip?  Well, hometown America is alive and thriving here in Ohio!  


Wow, the fields, the farms, the amber waves of grain, the . . . Amish? How cute it is to see their families out and about in their horse and buggy.  I've never encountered a friendlier group of people in all my travels. And no wonder.  They get up each morning, work hard and accomplish much, then go to bed saying to themselves, 'Sufficient Unto the Day.'


They don't worry about Democrat versus Republican, Obama versus Romney, gas prices or the state of the Middle East conflict.  Could I live that life?  Probably not.  But as I stare at their sunny warm, content faces as I pass by in my 21st century mode of transportation, I find myself thinking that, while America may not have been better off in the simpler era in some aspects, she certainly was more at peace.


As are these people, and I'm not just speaking of the Amish. Thank you, sis and hubby, for taking us around to see this blissful slice of beautiful America that soothes my saddened heart for the other parts that are so besieged.  The countryside exudes a quieter time and place and it puts me at peace.  Love to you both.  Later, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment